Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I take your course?
BSI PAS 2035 is a government-sponsored Standard. It is set to become the standard approach to domestic retrofit. PAS 2035 states you need to have a Retrofit Coordinator overseeing each retrofit project and that you must hold the Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Management to be recognised as a Coordinator. The Retrofit Academy is the only provider of this qualification.
PAS 2035 will be the mandatory standard on all ECO projects from July 2021.
How long does the course take?
The course takes between 100 to 150 hours as a guide.
Am I eligible?
You will need at least a Level 3 qualification in a built environment subject. You will also need to have experience in the construction industry, including examples of:
· Project management including programming and advising on the budget
· Assessing and managing technical and procedural risks
· Making applications for statutory approvals
· Managing a tender process to identify and appoint Retrofit Installer(s)
· Negotiating contracts
· Ensuring effective communication between teams
· Administering contracts
· Inspecting work to check progress, quality, and compliance
· Overseeing testing and commissioning
· Overseeing the handover of the project on completion
· Adjudicating any disputes
· Making defects inspections and arranging any necessary remedial works
How can I study?
There are currently two ways to study:
1) eLearning – Study and complete your assignments online with support from a mentor.
2) Blended Online – Study and complete your assignments online and attend a two-day Online Bootcamp (virtual delivery) with an expert tutor to go through all the fundamentals.
When should I complete my Bootcamp? (Part of the Blended Learning)
You can complete the Bootcamp sessions at any time during the course. You do not need to complete the Bootcamp to start the course.
When are the Bootcamps?
There is more information about course dates here.
Do I need any additional qualifications to be a Retrofit Coordinator?
The Level 5 Diploma is the only qualification you will need to be able to join one of the TrustMark accreditation schemes.
Can I get a discount on my training?
If you join the Centre of Excellence, you can receive a 10% reduction on your training fees (if you are an organisation, the discount can be applied to each employee). You not only get this but an account on Retrobook; an app that will show you available jobs in your area, plus loads of other benefits!
For more information, please click here.