Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I take your course?
The BSI PAS 2035 a government-sponsored specification is to become the standard approach to domestic retrofit. Part of this specification states you need to have a retrofit coordinator overseeing each retrofit project; we are currently the only recognised pathway to accreditation as a Retrofit Coordinator.
This will be a mandatory requirement from July 2021.
How long does the course take?
To complete our Level 5 in Retrofit and Risk Management course, it takes between 100 to 150 hours.
Am I eligible?
You will need at least Level 3 or above qualification in-built environment. You will also need to have experience in the building industry including examples of:
· project management including programming and advising on the budget
· assessing and managing technical and procedural risks
· making applications for statutory approvals
· managing a tender process to identify and appoint Retrofit Installer(s)
· negotiating contracts
· ensuring effective communication between teams
· administering contracts
· inspecting work to check progress, quality and compliance
· overseeing testing and commissioning
· overseeing the handover of the project on completion
· adjudicating any disputes
· making defects inspections and arranging any necessary remedial works
How can I study?
There are currently two ways to study:
1) eLearning – study and complete your assignments online with support from a mentor
2) Blended Online – study and complete your assignments online, attend a two-day Online Bootcamp (virtual delivery) with an expert tutor to go through all the fundamentals.
Are you offering the 6-day taught course?
Unfortunately, due to current coronavirus restrictions, we are not offering the 6-day course option.
When should I complete my Bootcamp? (Part of the blended Learning)
You can complete the bootcamp sessions at any time during the course. You do not need to complete the bootcamp to start the course.
When are the Bootcamps?
|Virtual||13th – 14th Aug|
|Virtual||17th – 18th September|
|Virtual||24th – 25th September|
|Virtual||1st – 2nd October|
|Virtual||15th – 16th October|
|London||19th – 20th November|
|Liverpool||26th – 27th November|
Do I need any additional qualifications to be a Retrofit Coordinator?
You will need to join a TrustMark Approved Scheme such as Elmhurst, Stroma or ECMK if you want to gain your TrustMark accreditation.
Can I discount on my training?
If you join the Centre of Excellence you can receive a 10% discount on your training (if you are an organisation the discount can be applied to each employee). You not only get this but an account on Retrobook; an app that will show you available jobs in your area, plus loads of other benefits!
For more information please click here.