Professionals into Practice (SHDF and LAD Schemes)
We are delighted to have received funding from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to train Retrofit Coordinators who will be working on Local Authority Delivery (LAD) and Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF) Schemes.
More complicated projects like LAD and SHDF, which require lots of design input, require Coordinators with a background in architecture, surveying, construction management and other built environment professionals.
This funding allows us to provide 20 fully-funded places on the Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Management offered by The Retrofit Academy CIC. These individuals will also be supported into practice by receiving a one-year membership of The Retrofit Academy Centre of Excellence. This will provide access to template resources, a Knowledge Base, CPD and expert guidance.
The programme will commence on 1st May. It will be delivered via eLearning supplemented by four half-day online workshops delivered by Zoom spread across May and June. The dates for these will be confirmed to you before you accept a place on the programme.
Applications to Professionals into Practice are now welcome. The application window will remain open until all 20 places have been allocated or until 15th April, whichever is soonest.
To be considered for the programme:
- You must be a construction, property or design professional and be registered with the appropriate registration body. We also value experience, especially of domestic retrofitting.
- As a minimum you should be three years into your professional career.
- You must intend to practice as a Retrofit Coordinator on a LAD or SHDF Scheme in the next 12 months.
- You must be willing to complete the 150 hours of training and assessment within a sensible timescale (indicatively 6 months).
- You may work directly for a social landlord, local authority or be part of their supply chain. If you are a supplier, you must have an existing contract to deliver retrofit services as part of the LAD or SHDF programmes. Priority will be given to applicants with support from the Local Authority or Social Landlord holding the contract.
How to Apply
You can apply for the Professionals into Practice programme by completing the form below. It is important that you submit a covering statement explaining why you meet the eligibility criteria and how you would intend to practice as a Retrofit Coordinator.
Need to Chat?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch. Alternatively use the Live Chat service on this website.