Dr Peter Rickaby Scholarship
We are delighted to announce that The Retrofit Academy CIC is offering four full-scholarships on the Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Management course.
The Scholarships are in the name of Dr Peter Rickaby, who has been a longstanding supporter of The Retrofit Academy CIC. Dr Rickaby was also the Technical Author of PAS2035 and has long championed the role of Retrofit Coordinator.The Scholarship consists of:
- a fully-funded place on the Level 5 Diploma course via Blended Learning
- Certification following completion of the course
- support and mentoring from the Academy team
When to Apply
Scholarship Applications can be made at any time, but the Awards Committee will only review them four times per year.
The application window is open until 30th May 2020. At least one Scholarship place will be awarded by the end of June 2020. Should we receive more than one outstanding entry, more than one Scholarship may be awarded. Offers of Bursary Places may also be made, which will cover 50% of the cost.
Future Scholarship applications will be reviewed as follows:
- 30th August 2020
- 30th November 2020
- 28th February 2021
- 30th May 2021
Eligibility and Assessment Criteria
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the existing eligibility criteria for the course. You must hold a minimum of a Level 3 Qualification in a built environment discipline. You must have experience of retrofit and a good understanding of buildings and building. You must also have the existing professional competences expected of a Retrofit Coordinator;
- be unable to fund their place on the course at present;
- demonstrate outstanding qualities and aptitudes to practice as a Retrofit Coordinator;
- demonstrate a commitment to practising as a Retrofit Coordinator upon completion;
- demonstrate a passion for retrofit and its potential to improve lives and reduce emissions.
How to Apply
Applications should be made by completing the form below. This consists of your CV and a covering statement that summarises why you are a worthy applicant. You must clearly address all of the eligibility criteria in your statement.